Bothell Post-Secondary Education Support Attorney

Children quickly become the priority in the divorce proceeding. Issues related to child custody and child support are paramount in many divorcing couples' minds. The financial concerns continue, however, as the child gets older. If you need a knowledgeable Bothell post-secondary education support lawyer, schedule a consultation at our office today.

At The Law Office of Richard J. Moore, LLC, we have more than 30 years of experience practicing exclusively in family law. We have the experience and depth of legal knowledge necessary to guide clients through complex modifications and complicated financial changes to their divorce decree. If your child is approaching college-age, and you are concerned about the ability to pay for his or her education, you have legal options to attempt to secure the necessary funds.

Addressing college expenses before age 18 or graduation from High School.

It is extremely important that custodial parents take action and submit the court papers as soon as possible. This process must be started before the child turns 18 or graduates high school. Typically, the court must look at the situation and make a determination of what type of financial support would have been available had the family unit remained intact. The order for post-secondary education support can vary widely based on the parental circumstances.

Our Washington attorney can carefully examine your financial situation and provide valuable insight regarding your options and any challenges you might face. We can also work to place limitations on the expenses, such as specifying a state university, in-state education or four-year degree.

Contact Our Firm

If you have questions regarding post-secondary education and support, schedule a consultation at The Law Office of Richard J. Moore, LLC. We can be reached at 425-482-0700 or through our online contact form. Our firm accepts most major credit cards for payment of services.